This kit is our best seller and includes:
- The 920Xv6.1 belt tensioning tool - to accurately set your cam and balance shaft belts. Note we are now shipping version 6.1 - which has aluminum sleds, some of our images here show the older version (which had wooden sleds).
Special Note: we will begin shipping a new, black face gauge with this tool in May of 2015. This change was made due to improved attachment of the range markers. All other form, fit and function remains unchanged. This tool will work on all models of the 944, 944S1/S2, 944 Turbo, 924S, (968-balance belt only).
- The standard flywheel lock - to hold the crank and make removal/install of the crank bolt possible. This tool fits the 944, 944 S1/S2, 944 Turbo, 924S, and the 968 w/ auto transmission. This lock will not fit the 968 with 6 speed manual transmission.
There are no instructions included with this tool but lock installation is straightforward: place the transmission in neutral and remove the starter. Insert the lock into the bellhousing (clutch housing) and use the lock to nudge the ring gear either right or left so that the lock's mounting holes align with the starter's mounting holes. Secure it there with the provided hardware and the starter's mounting bolts.
- 24/27 mm thin wrench - to adjust the belt offset rollers and idlers. This wrench will work on all models of the 944, 944S1/S2, 924S, 944 Turbo, 968.
- Our combo pin wrench - to remove/install the balance shaft cogs and retract/adjust the cam belt spring tensioner. This wrench will work on all models of the 944, 944S1/S2, 944 Turbo, 924S, 968.
- A sturdy aluminum carry case.
- Note: All tools in this kit are powder coated.
Also, our product webpage (link below) has information on how the tools of the Maxi are used on various maintenance tasks.
Here is a picture of our 24/27mm thin wrench. If you have an 87 or newer model, then you will need the 27mm end of this wrench. But, if you have an older model you may also need the 24 mm end for the early style rollers.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 05 December, 2010.